They are the half-bloods, the broken, the unforgiven.They failed themselves and their people.They are outcasts.Then, in the bitter wilds of Rashemen, they receive a desperate plea they alone can answer. If they succeed, it could mean their redemption. But if they fail, a troubled past will be the least of their problems.About the Author Keith Francis Strohm is the current Chief Operating Officer of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and the Publisher of Dragon and Dungeon magazines. Prior to that, he was the Vice President of Pokemon®, the Director of the Roleplaying and Miniatures categories, and the Brand Manager for Dungeons & Dragons®--all at Wizards of the Coast. He is the author of the Greyhawk® novel The Tomb of Horrors, and he has written three short stories for the Forgotten Realms. This is his second novel.
Kaerion Whitehart was once a mighty paladin, but sins of the past have cast him far from the light. Together with an elf mercenary, he now survives by the might of his sword alone.In exchange for a hefty purse, the two friends agree to accompany a band of patriots into a tomb haunted by fear and legend. They soon find the mission growing beyond their control. As warring factions vie for the ultimate prize of a long-dead wizard, Kaerion finds himself caught between death and redemption.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.