- Table View
- List View
A wonderful Montana mystery starring fly fisherman-cum-detective Sean Stranahan, for fans of C. J. Box and Craig Johnson Wolves howl as a riderless horse returns at sunset to the Culpepper Dude Ranch in the Madison Valley. The missing woman, Nanika Martinelli, is better known as the Fly Fishing Venus, a red-haired river guide who lures clients the way dry flies draw trout. As Sheriff Martha Ettinger follows hoof tracks in the snow, she finds one of the men who has fallen under the temptress's spell impaled on the antler tine of a giant bull elk, a kill that's been claimed by a wolf pack. An accident? If not, is the killer human or animal? With painter, fly fisherman, and sometimes private detective Sean Stranahan's help, Ettinger will follow clues that point to an animal rights group called the Clan of the Three-Clawed Wolf and to their svengali master, whose eyes blaze with pagan fire. In their most dangerous adventure yet, Stranahan and Ettinger find themselves in the crossfire of wolf lovers, wolf haters, and a sister bent on revenge, and on the trail of an alpha male gone terribly wrong. .
"Truly wonderful. . . . A mystery that unfolds with grace and humor against a setting of stunning beauty and danger." --Nevada Barr, New York Times bestselling author of the Anna Pigeon Mysteries Award-winning Field & Stream writer Keith McCafferty caused a splash amongst mystery lovers and fly-fishermen alike with his debut novel, The Royal Wulff Murders. Now McCafferty is back--and so is fly-fisherman, painter, and sometime private detective Sean Stranahan. When a search dog discovers the bear-ravaged remains of two elderly men on Sphinx Mountain, Sheriff Martha Ettinger suspects murder. Meanwhile, Stranahan has been hired by the Madison River Liars and Fly Tiers Club, a group of eccentric fishermen, to find a valuable Gray Ghost fly stolen from their clubhouse. Could the theft be connected to the gray ghosts who haunt Sphinx Mountain? To find out, Stranahan will cross arms with some of the most powerful people in Madison Valley, in a novel that is sure to capture new fans for one of the mystery genre's rising stars.
Fans of C. J. Box, Craig Johnson, and Carl Hiassen will love this witty debut mystery set on the banks of Montana's Madison River Angling is a multibillion dollar business, and no one knows that better than Keith McCafferty, the award-winning survival and outdoor skills editor of Field & Stream magazine and resident of Montana, home to the world's most fanatical fly fishing community. In McCafferty's compelling debut, a young man is found dead with a Royal Wulff trout fly stuck through his lip. Sheriff Martha Ettinger's investigation leads her to cross paths with fly fisher, painter, and has-been private detective Sean Stranahan. As the water temperature rises, the clues point them both toward Montana's big business: fly fishing. Where there's money, there's bound to be crime. .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.