Everyone's an Author focuses on writing as it really is today--with words, images, and sounds, in print and online--and encourages students to see the connections between their everyday writing and academic writing. It covers the genres college students need to learn to write--and teaches them to do so across media. It bridges the gap between Facebook and academic writing, showing how the strategies students use instinctively in social media can inform their academic writing. And it provides a strong rhetorical framework that guides students in the decisions they need to make as authors today. The version with readings includes an anthology of 35 readings.
Designed to be a true alternative to traditional argument texts, "Everything's an Argument" takes a fresh and friendly approach to the subject by showing students that argument is everywhere. "Everything's an Argument with Readings" complements this approach with a uniquely broad range of examples--from essays to billboards to emails to radio programs--that help students recognize and respond to the arguments all around them.<P>Andrea Lunsford and John Ruszkiewicz's instruction is fresh, elegant, and jargon-free, emphasizing inclusivity (moving beyond simple pro/con positions), humor, and visual argument to make Everything's an Argument immediately accessible. Students like this book because it helps them see and understand that a world of argument already surrounds them; instructors like it because it helps students construct their own arguments about that world.
This best-selling combination rhetoric and thematically organized reader shows students how to analyze all kinds of arguments -- not just essays and editorials, but clothes, cars, ads, and Web site designs -- and then how to use what they learn to write their own effective arguments. With engaging, informal, and jargon-free instruction that emphasizes cultural currency, humor, and visual argument, Everything's an Argument is student-centered and immediately accessible. Students like this book because it helps them understand how a world of argument already surrounds them; instructors like it because it helps students construct their own arguments about that world.
This best-selling combination argument text and thematically organized reader shows students how to analyze all kinds of arguments -- not just essays and editorials, but clothes, smartphone apps, ads, and Web site designs -- and then how to use what they learn to write their own effective arguments. Newly streamlined, its signature engaging, and jargon-free instruction emphasizes cultural currency, humor, and visual argument. Students loveEverything's an Argumentbecause it helps them understand how a world of argument already surrounds them; instructors love it because it helps students construct their own personally meaningful arguments about that world. The print text is now integrated with e-Pages forEverything's an Argument, designed to take advantage of what the Web can do. Also available in a brief version without the reader and as an e-Book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.