- Table View
- List View
Get caught up in four historical romances in which unusual circumstances cause four young people to seek marriage before another prairie Christmas comes around. When marriage is given a deadline, the results are anything but conventional. Jackson needs a mother for his niece. Jerome needs money that can only come by taking a wife. Katherine needs to fulfill a promise. Anastasia needs to escape an evil plot. Can each find a spouse by Christmas?
Following the death of her cousin and his wife, Grace Willard finds herself guardian of their children, Lizzy and Jake. The constant presence of ranch hand Nickels distracts her with hopes of romance and family, but Grace's only priority is to provide her precious wards with a home and plenty of unconditional love. to protect the children and herself she send Nickels away. Eric Nickels Nichols has a secret. Though he knows the Lord has forgiven his past, Nickels can't seem to forgive himself. He hadn't realized his self-condemnation was quite so strong until he lost his heart to Grace and the children. Though he's come to care for them, he knows he's not ready to promise forever. Can the Lord, through his grace, unite them all as a family?
He'd seen the eyes whose sparkle teased him his entire life awash with tears of joy. Everyone knew Nessa wanted to be his wife-Nessa herself had made sure of it. So why did she flee what she claimed to have wanted so badly? Nothing is sure when it comes to women. Michael's words from earlier that day rose to his thoughts. Fair enough, Isaac allowed. But it wasn't unreasonable to assume that the woman who had been all but a man's betrothed since the cradle should accept his proposal. Really, asking the question itself was more a formality than anything else. To think he'd wasted so much thought and time in preparing his proposal! He kicked the stone upon which she'd sat, dislodging smaller pieces to rain on the grass beneath. How dare she refuse him? Nessa had led him on for years only to reject him when he came to the sticking point? Unbelievable! He strode through the woods, breaths coming fast and shallow as he stomped away from the site of his humiliation. Nessa was his by rights. Her willingness to be his bride was owed him. How could she turn her back on him as though his offer was hardly worth the breath it took her to refuse? Lord, I pushed aside my own desires to shoulder my responsibility to Nessa and our families. I longed to choose my own wife, lay the path Tdfollow, but knew it wasn't my place to flout the plan You had for me. I bowed to what I believed to be Your will. How could I make such a mistake?
Christian historical romance set in the Montana Territory during the Civil War
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.