- Table View
- List View
Pie--the once-humble dessert--is hot! From savory to sweet, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, once you know the secrets of making pie you will have the skills to create almost any meal. This cookbook demystifies the art and science of flaky crusts and delectable fillings. It's bursting with recipes for mouthwatering pies of every type, including: Classic fruit pies and tarts Rich cream and custard pies Sweet, nutty pies Meat pies and hearty pot pies And much more! Inside you'll find expert tips, creative ideas, and timesaving shortcuts for making the perfect pie--every time!
Puts ordinary muffins over the top! Indulge in the rich flavors of pumpkin and caramel. Savor the satisfying taste of maple and bacon. Experience the extraordinary combination of goat cheese and leeks. In this cookbook, you'll find enough gourmet muffins to entertain your every tastebud. Whether you're looking for the perfect side for a special dinner or a delightful dessert to end your soiree, the scrumptious ingredients in these recipes are sure to leave you wanting more. You and your guests won't be able to resist nibbling on sweet and savory muffins like: Mascarpone Pound Cake Pepper Jack Chorizo Double Shot Espresso Pistachio Rose Water Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Dulce de Leche Spinach, Artichoke, and Jalapeno No longer just a complement to coffee, these flavorful muffins are sure to be the star of any meal.
It's pie-all grown up! Pomegranate. Fresh figs. Sea salt. Forget apples and blueberries. Today's trendy ingredients are unique, modern, and indulgent-and now you can find them in the pie plate in your kitchen! With more than 100 sweet and savory pie recipes-and extra recipes for crusts and toppings-Not-So-Humble Piesuses these fresh flavors to turn a simple dessert into something deliciously sophisticated. And these dressed-up pies look as good as they taste, so get ready to serve up a slice of the following: Blood Orange Curd Pie Cardamom and Saffron Chiffon Pie Apple, Brie, and Bacon Tart Chocolate Acai Chiffon Pie Pear Gorgonzola Tart With these mouthwatering recipes-and impressive ingredients-it's as easy as pie to turn modest standbys into not-so-humble standouts.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.