- Table View
- List View
The rules and practices for Scrum--a simple process for managing complex projects--are few, straightforward, and easy to learn. But Scrum's simplicity itself--its lack of prescription--can be disarming, and new practitioners often find themselves reverting to old project management habits and tools and yielding lesser results. In this illuminating series of case studies, Scrum co-creator and evangelist Ken Schwaber identifies the real-world lessons--the successes and failures--culled from his years of experience coaching companies in agile project management. Through them, you'll understand how to use Scrum to solve complex problems and drive better results--delivering more valuable software faster. Gain the foundation in Scrum theory--and practice--you need to: Rein in even the most complex, unwieldy projects Effectively manage unknown or changing product requirements Simplify the chain of command with self-managing development teams Receive clearer specifications--and feedback--from customers Greatly reduce project planning time and required tools Build--and release--products in 30-day cycles so clients get deliverables earlier Avoid missteps by regularly inspecting, reporting on, and fine-tuning projects Support multiple teams working on a large-scale project from many geographic locations Maximize return on investment!
It's time to extend the benefits of Scrum--greater agility, higher-quality products, and lower costs--from individual teams to your entire enterprise. However, with Scrum's lack of prescribed rules, the friction of change can be challenging as people struggle to break from old project management habits. In this book, agile-process revolution leader Ken Schwaber takes you through change management--for your organizational and interpersonal processes--explaining how to successfully adopt Scrum across your entire organization. A cofounder of Scrum, Ken draws from decades of experience, answering your questions through case studies of proven practices and processes. With them, you'll learn how to adopt--and adapt--Scrum in the enterprise. And gain profound levels of transparency into your development processes. Discover how to: Evaluate the benefits of adopting Scrum in any size organization Initiate an enterprise transition project Implement a single, prioritized Product Backlog Organize effective Scrum teams using a top-down approach Adapt and apply solutions for integrating engineering practices across multiple teams Shorten release times by managing high-value increments Refine your Scrum practices and help reduce the length of Sprints
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.