- Table View
- List View
A unique perspective of an evolved role for company leadershipBased on the findings of an extensive research project that surveyed more than 5,500 enterprise employees and functional decision makers across the United States and China, Transforming Business: Big Data, Mobility and Globalization explores the influence of technology in the workplace and the implications to company culture, functional responsibilities and competitive advantage. This in-depth analysis illuminates emerging technological trends, the changing workforce, and the shifting face of business and industry while offering prescriptive guidance to leaders.Addresses how new technology trends - including mobility, cloud, big data and collaboration - are fundamentally changing the way work is conducted and how company leadership can tap into these trends to affect positive cultural reformExamines how the introduction of new technologies and the emergence of new business models are shifting traditional organizational roles, including HR, marketing, finance, and ITTakes an in-depth look at how the next-generation of top talent, represented by college students at the top universities, view their future workplace environment and how technology can become a meaningful magnet for recruitment and retentionZeroes in on how the integration of technology into the workplace differs between the United States and China and the implications to the global marketplaceWhat emerges from this book is an evolved role for company leadership, one of significant strategic value as cultural stewards capable of generating sustainable advantage for their companies in the most competitive market witnessed in decades.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.