- Table View
- List View
It's the Rounders' last season together, and they want to go out with a bang. Especially Slingshot Slocum, the team's star pitcher. So why has he just walked three batters in a row? Slingshot's obsessed with mastering the forkball-a dangerous split-finger curveball that everyone knows should never be attempted by anyone under the age of seventeen. It could wreck his arm forever! And he's not making it over the plate. Just like the torrential weather, Slingshot is all wet! The rain won't stop pouring down, and the Rounders' season is starting to feel like an airport during the holidays: nothing but delays and cancellations. At least they have their team rafting trip to look forward to. Until a flash flood sends them careening straight into the middle of a real-life ghost tale. Can the Rounders pull themselves out of peril-and their pitcher out of his funk-before their final showdown with archrivals the Haymakers? And will the weird weather let up or rain on their parade? Looking for hilarity, high stakes, high jinks, extreme weather, and some spooky spelunking? Catch this action-packed baseball adventure!
They call me Walloper because I'm no ordinary hitter. Or at least that used to be the case. Now I couldn't hit a beach ball and my batting average is going down faster than the Titanic. With the pennant on the line, I've got a slump cloud over my head so big it's being covered by the Weather Channel. The forecast is grim, but I hope there's one big swing left in my bat so the Rambletown Rounders can win the pennant and I can end this historic drought. Kevin Markey's debut novel is a hilarious tall tale of baseball action and high jinks that will have fans reveling in every trip around the pages.
"I'd heard stories about the yips actually taking over a player's arm. Making it twitch like a dog with fleas. But I'd always thought they were urban legends." After winning the pennant last year, the Rounders can't wait to host the midseason All-Star Game! But shortstop Stump Plumwhiff's got a mean case of the yips. Balls used to disappear into Stump's glove as if he were a one-man Bermuda Triangle, but now he's jumpier than the grasshoppers infesting Rambletown Field. Nothing can get these bugs to bug off, not even the windiest weather in Rambletown history! The Rounders need a way to rid Stump of the yips and their home field of insects-before the hated Haymakers hijack the All-Star Game.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.