It's the Rounders' last season together, and they want to go out with a bang. Especially Slingshot Slocum, the team's star pitcher. So why has he just walked three batters in a row? Slingshot's obsessed with mastering the forkball-a dangerous split-finger curveball that everyone knows should never be attempted by anyone under the age of seventeen. It could wreck his arm forever! And he's not making it over the plate. Just like the torrential weather, Slingshot is all wet! The rain won't stop pouring down, and the Rounders' season is starting to feel like an airport during the holidays: nothing but delays and cancellations. At least they have their team rafting trip to look forward to. Until a flash flood sends them careening straight into the middle of a real-life ghost tale. Can the Rounders pull themselves out of peril-and their pitcher out of his funk-before their final showdown with archrivals the Haymakers? And will the weird weather let up or rain on their parade? Looking for hilarity, high stakes, high jinks, extreme weather, and some spooky spelunking? Catch this action-packed baseball adventure!
They call me Walloper because I'm no ordinary hitter. Or at least that used to be the case. Now I couldn't hit a beach ball and my batting average is going down faster than the Titanic. With the pennant on the line, I've got a slump cloud over my head so big it's being covered by the Weather Channel. The forecast is grim, but I hope there's one big swing left in my bat so the Rambletown Rounders can win the pennant and I can end this historic drought. Kevin Markey's debut novel is a hilarious tall tale of baseball action and high jinks that will have fans reveling in every trip around the pages.
Springtime in Rambletown means one thing-another season of Rounders baseball! Old Man Winter has delivered more snow than the post office has delivered mail! The only way the Rounders are getting to first base is with a snow shovel. As the team tries to "warm up" for the upcoming season, they welcome a new center fielder: Orlando Ramirez. He's fast as a cheetah and catches everything. Only one problem: those great catches end with him smashing into the outfield wall like a crash-test dummy. With the season opener against the hated Haymakers approaching, Orlando and the Rounders will need a miracle-or a really big shovel-to put the brakes on Orlando's collision course with the wall and this never-ending cold spell.
"I'd heard stories about the yips actually taking over a player's arm. Making it twitch like a dog with fleas. But I'd always thought they were urban legends." After winning the pennant last year, the Rounders can't wait to host the midseason All-Star Game! But shortstop Stump Plumwhiff's got a mean case of the yips. Balls used to disappear into Stump's glove as if he were a one-man Bermuda Triangle, but now he's jumpier than the grasshoppers infesting Rambletown Field. Nothing can get these bugs to bug off, not even the windiest weather in Rambletown history! The Rounders need a way to rid Stump of the yips and their home field of insects-before the hated Haymakers hijack the All-Star Game.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.