- Table View
- List View
You don't think much about your backpack. It's just kind of dirty and crammed with stuff. But wait--did you know the backpack has a history? That it could be a superhero's secret weapon? Or an exploding science experiment? Or even a living creature of immense proportions? Kevin O'Malley has created four surprising comic-book-style stories to entertain and amaze backpack wearers everywhere.
Even though kids spend most of their days with one, desks can be very . . . surprising. Desks have a long and enduring history--from the spiked desks of the Middle Ages to the beanbag desks of the 1960s. School desks, in particular, can hide a wide variety of . . . let's just say, "things." In this tongue-in-cheek companion to Backpack Stories, Kevin O'Malley returns with six stories of desks gone wild.
Donald doesn't even know he's being insulted by Louisa, the class bully, when she names him King of the Kooties-but that's just the beginning of Louisa's war against Donald. And Donald doesn't do a very good job of protecting himself. So it's up to his best friend Nate to teach Donald to defend himself.
Who's that running? It's the three little pigs, Red Riding Hood, and other favorite storybook characters.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.