- Table View
- List View
"Let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." --Thomas Jefferson. The United States Constitution--the bedrock of our country, the foundation of our federal republic--is . . . dead. You won't hear that from the politicians who endlessly pay lip service to the Constitution. It's the dirty little secret that bestselling authors Thomas E. Woods Jr. and Kevin R. C. Gutzman expose in this provocative new book. The fact is that government officials--Democrats and Republicans, presidents, judges, and congresses alike--long ago rejected the idea that the Constitution possesses a fixed meaning limiting the U.S. government's power. In case you've forgotten, this idea was not a minor aspect of the Constitution; it was the document's very purpose. Woods and Gutzman round up the suspects responsible for the death of the government the Founding Fathers designed. Going right to the scenes of the crimes, they dissect twelve of the most egregious assaults on the Constitution--some virtually unknown. In chronicling this "dirty dozen," the authors show that the attacks began long before presidents declared preemptive wars, congresses built pork-barrel bridges to nowhere, and Supreme Court justices began to behave as our supreme legislators. In Who Killed the Constitution? Woods and Gutzman* REVEAL the federal government's "great gold robbery"--the flagrant assault on the Constitution you never heard about in history class* DESTROY the phony case for presidential war power* EXPOSE how the federal government has actively discriminated to end . . . discrimination* TEAR DOWN the "wall of separation" between church and state--an invention that completely contradicts what the Constitution says* DARE to touch the "third rail of American jurisprudence," Brown v. Board of Education--showing why a government decision that seems "right" isn't necessarily constitutional. Never shying away from controversy, Woods and Gutzman reveal an unsettling but unavoidable truth: now that the federal government has broken free of the Constitution's chains, government officials are restrained by little more than their sense of what they can get away with. Who Killed the Constitution? is a rallying cry for Americans outraged by government run amok and a warning to take heed before we lose the liberties we are truly entitled to.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.