- Table View
- List View
Mosaics illustrates how reading and writing are part of an interrelated process, and encourages students to discover how the "mosaics" of their own reading and writing processes work together to form a coherent whole.
Mosaics illustrates how reading and writing are part of a interrelated process, and encourages students to discover how the "mosaics" of their own reading and writing processes work together to form a coherent whole.
The Prose Reader contains twenty new essays, including an interesting and provocative photo essay. The eighth edition has updated some of the essays, added new authors, and introduced many new topics, such as committing to a place, language acquisition, learning to read, the theory of evolution, girl-fighting, bingeing on college campuses, violence in the United States, gay marriage, graffiti, DNA testing, the Patriot Act, insomnia, and the American Civil War.
Effective writing through critical thinking. Above all others, this rhetorical patterns reader provides a comprehensive grounding in critical thinking as the foundation for close reading and effective writing. Just as important, by exposing the reader to interesting and insightful prose by a diversity of top writers, the reader is motivated to respond in writing and discussions. By thinking, reading, and writing on three increasingly difficult levels - literally, interpretively, and critically - readers can better learn the processes and skills necessary to be successful in all their writing experiences.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.