Paranormal gets a Stephen King makeover: An oracle in a small-town Florida uses her troubling gift to stop a murderer--before he comes for her. Aria Morse is an Oracle, blessed--or cursed--with the gift of prophecy. Ask her anything, and the truth spills out immediately. But Aria's answers sound like nonsense, even to herself... just as they did at Delphi 2500 years ago. To cope, Aria has perfected the art of hiding in plain sight--until Jade Price, the closest person she has to a friend, disappears. All of a sudden, everyone around her has questions. The "nonsense" Aria spouts becomes a matter of life and death. She may be the only one who can find out what happened to Jade. But the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she comes to being the next target of someone else who hides in plain sight. Someone with a very dark plan. From the Hardcover edition.
With vampire boyfriend George and best friend Serena by her side, Mina thought she had her whole life--or rather afterlife--ahead of her. But then Mina's parents drop a bomb. They're moving. To Louisiana. And not somewhere cool like New Orleans, but some teeny, tiny town where cheerleaders and jocks rule the school. Mina has to fake her death, change her name, and leave everything behind, including George and Serena. Not even the Vampire Council's shape-shifting classes can cheer her up. Then Serena shows up on Mina's doorstep with some news that sends Mina reeling. Mina may look a lot better with fangs, but her afterlife isn't any less complicated! In this eagerly awaited sequel to the popular Sucks to Be Me, Kimberly Pauley addresses many of her fans' most pressing questions (Will Serena become a vampire? What happened to Raven? What's next for Mina and George?) with signature humor and breezy bloodsucking style.From the Hardcover edition.
Mina Hamilton's parents want her dead. (Or undead to be precise.) They're vampires, and like it or not, Mina must decide whether to become a vampire herself. But Mina's more interested in hanging out with best friend Serena and trying to catch the eye of the too-hot-for-high-school Nathan Able than in the vampire training classes she's being forced to take. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect prom date and pass third-year French when her mom and dad are breathing down her neck--literally?From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.