- Table View
- List View
Paranormal gets a Stephen King makeover: An oracle in a small-town Florida uses her troubling gift to stop a murderer--before he comes for her. Aria Morse is an Oracle, blessed--or cursed--with the gift of prophecy. Ask her anything, and the truth spills out immediately. But Aria's answers sound like nonsense, even to herself... just as they did at Delphi 2500 years ago. To cope, Aria has perfected the art of hiding in plain sight--until Jade Price, the closest person she has to a friend, disappears. All of a sudden, everyone around her has questions. The "nonsense" Aria spouts becomes a matter of life and death. She may be the only one who can find out what happened to Jade. But the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she comes to being the next target of someone else who hides in plain sight. Someone with a very dark plan. From the Hardcover edition.
With vampire boyfriend George and best friend Serena by her side, Mina thought she had her whole life--or rather afterlife--ahead of her. But then Mina's parents drop a bomb. They're moving. To Louisiana. And not somewhere cool like New Orleans, but some teeny, tiny town where cheerleaders and jocks rule the school. Mina has to fake her death, change her name, and leave everything behind, including George and Serena. Not even the Vampire Council's shape-shifting classes can cheer her up. Then Serena shows up on Mina's doorstep with some news that sends Mina reeling. Mina may look a lot better with fangs, but her afterlife isn't any less complicated! In this eagerly awaited sequel to the popular Sucks to Be Me, Kimberly Pauley addresses many of her fans' most pressing questions (Will Serena become a vampire? What happened to Raven? What's next for Mina and George?) with signature humor and breezy bloodsucking style.From the Hardcover edition.
Mina Hamilton's parents want her dead. (Or undead to be precise.) They're vampires, and like it or not, Mina must decide whether to become a vampire herself. But Mina's more interested in hanging out with best friend Serena and trying to catch the eye of the too-hot-for-high-school Nathan Able than in the vampire training classes she's being forced to take. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect prom date and pass third-year French when her mom and dad are breathing down her neck--literally?From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.