- Table View
- List View
Advances in methodologies and experimental models are pivotal to furthering our understanding of central nervous system (CNS) functions in mammals. Isolated Central Nervous System Circuits examines the application a variety of technologies to mostly active in vitro preparations from basically different CNS regions with a diversity of functions. From patch-clamp, multiphoton imaging, live fluorescent protein expression, or immunohistochemistry techniques to acute or 'organotypic' slices and en bloc preparations, this detailed volume features key protocols and examples for exciting results from the labs of renowned experts. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, chapters include the kind of thorough implementation advice that is vital for achieving successful results. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Isolated Central Nervous System Circuits will greatly aid scientists to further improve models and to develop corresponding models of not yet intensively studied structures such as nucleus ruber, superior colliculus, or basal ganglia.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.