- Table View
- List View
Advances in methodologies and experimental models are pivotal to furthering our understanding of central nervous system (CNS) functions in mammals. Isolated Central Nervous System Circuits examines the application a variety of technologies to mostly active in vitro preparations from basically different CNS regions with a diversity of functions. From patch-clamp, multiphoton imaging, live fluorescent protein expression, or immunohistochemistry techniques to acute or 'organotypic' slices and en bloc preparations, this detailed volume features key protocols and examples for exciting results from the labs of renowned experts. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, chapters include the kind of thorough implementation advice that is vital for achieving successful results. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Isolated Central Nervous System Circuits will greatly aid scientists to further improve models and to develop corresponding models of not yet intensively studied structures such as nucleus ruber, superior colliculus, or basal ganglia.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.