- Table View
- List View
Java Enterprise in a Nutshell is an indispensable quick reference for Java programmers who are writing distributed enterprise applications. The book provides fast-paced tutorials on the following Java Enterprise APIs: JDBC, a vendor-independent API for accessing relational database systems RMI, a Java-only approach to distributed computing that relies on remote method invocation Java IDL, a CORBA-based, language-independent approach to distributed computing Java servlets, a mechanism for extending a web server that allows Java code to perform tasks traditionally handled by CGI scripts JNDI, a generic Java API for working with networked naming and directory services Enterprise JavaBeans, a component model that separates high-level business logic from low-level housekeeping chores like security and transaction management These APIs are the building blocks of the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE), Sun's recently announced new platform for enterprise computing. J2EE is the standard Java 2 platform with a number of extensions for enterprise development. Java Enterprise in a Nutshell also contains O'Reilly's classic-style, quick-reference material for all of the classes in the various packages that comprise the Enterprise APIs. This material includes the core Enterprise APIs that are part of Java 1.2, as well as numerous standard extensions. This book is a companion to both Java in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition, which covers the key non-graphical, non-enterprise APIs in Java 1.2, and Java Foundation Classes in a Nutshell, which describes the graphics- and GUI-related classes of Java 1.2.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.