- Table View
- List View
Don't settle for just any bead when you're creating handcrafted jewelry. Make unique, one-of-a-kind beads from silk, muslin, or hand-dyed ribbon embellished with crystals, fiber, glitter, wire, and more for show-stopping bijoux. Fabulous Fabric Beadscombines beading, scrapbooking, quilting, fiber arts, and mixed-media techniques to create lightweight beads made from rolled tubes of silk fabric and painted or embellished with stamps and other materials.Author Kristal Wick shares her simple and highly sought-after techniques for creating basic fabric beads, plus ideas for embellishing to achieve unique effects. Begin with a primer on supplies, materials and tools, suggestions for ideal fabrics, and how to create surface designs on fabric, including painting, dyeing, stamping, stenciling, computer printing, and foiling. How to create basic fabric beads is explained in detail, from cutting, rolling, dipping, and drying to how to create collage beads. Kristal explains how to use wire wrapping and metals and how to incorporate fibers and embellishments.All beadmaking steps are shown with step-by-step photography and use easy-to-find materials from craft and fabric stores. Sidebars and tips plus bonus information on using successful color palettes help the reader make stunning and personal jewelry. An inspirational gallery of art jewelry pieces using the featured beads gives readers ideas to use beads in ways they never envisioned.Projects are inexpensive and use readily available materials or fabric scraps or even materials that readers already have in their stash. No expensive equipment is needed and many beads can be made with common components. Plus, beads can be created in just a few hours, and all finished projects can be created in a few hours.To achieve different shapes, Kristal also uses fabric to cover inexpensive wooden, plastic, and resin beads. In her finished pieces, she combines her unique beads with commercial beads, using simple stringing and wire techniques for stunning art jewelry.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.