- Table View
- List View
Kristeen Griffin-Grimes, known in the knit and crochet community for her pattern company, French Girl, utilizes inventive combinations of texture, color, and stitch patterns in her fashion-forward, seamless design work featured in her new book, French Girl Knits.French Girl Knits includes:Classy, feminine designs fashioned in luxurious yarns that achieve suberb figure-flattering fit with seamless construction-the need for sewing has been eliminated with Kristeen's one-piece designs.Four thematic vignettes inspired by French daily life, film, and history: Enfant Sauvage (Wild Child), la Boutique Parisienne (A Vintage Dress Shop in Paris), Dans La Rue (Street Wear), and Creatrice (Creative Woman). A design workshop featuring in-depth tutorials that teach seamless construction methods featured in French Girl Knits, providing valuable technical information for both beginning and seasoned knitters. You"ll learn how to design in a more organic way, either from the top down, from the hem up, from the back out, and by picking up live stitches when possible.All of the designs featured in French Girl Knits are body conscious and figure flattering. Many designs include curve-friendly waist shaping, empire-waist detailing, and stitch details that emphasize the feminine form. Inspired by historical costume, Kristeen uses unique detailing such as lacing, openwork, lace edgings, and bell sleeves to further highlight the woman's silhouette.French Girl Knits invites you to be immersed in a world filled with imagination and creativity, using knitting as a vehicle for self-express and encouraging experimentation through your medium.
La Belle Vie (live the good life) in knitted style!Journey with Kristeen Griffin-Grimes as she delivers an encore of her signature French-inspired aesthetics to French Girl Knits Accessories. Organized in vignettes that offer knitted accessories for any time of every day, you'll find modern, appealing projects that invite you to imagine your own daily lives enhanced by wearing such lovely designs.Discover 15 intermediate knitting projects that cover a full range of accessories for women. Designed with French savoir-faire - that is,versatililty and adaptability - the projects run the gamut from shrugs, hats, gloves, and mittens to wraps, stoles, socks, and slippers. Want to add more romance with lace or ribbon? Desire a perfect pleat or fold? Sidebars and techniques include simple how-tos for these concerns and more. Throughout this collection of small projects, you'll find an emphasis on clean, modern lines and style, all inspired by vintage and romantic fashion details.Along with French Girl Knits Accessories, grab your favorite knitting needles, a baguette, and a glass of wine. Before you know it, you'll be on your way to creating romantic French-inspired projects.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.