On the way home from a field trip, the Landmark School for Girls van, with the driver and six girls, disappears somewhere along the Two-Mile Stretch leading into town. Jeri McKane desperately searches for her missing friends, including her roommate Rosa.
When an "accidental" fire at the Landmark School turns out to be arson, Jeri McKane is determined to discover who is setting fires-and why.
What girl doesn't like a nice cozy chat with a friend-especially a friend who understands everything about her? In Chick Chat, you'll learn how to build that heart-to-heart connection with the One who loves you best. Each devotion brings the Bible right into your world and offers lots to learn and think about-from the values that will be good for a lifetime to the things you can do to survive every day. Faithgirlz!"--Inner Beauty, Outward Faith Through imaginative and innovative products, Zonderkidz is feeding young souls.
In this ninety-day devotional, devotions like "Who Am I?" help pave the spiritual walk of life, and the "Girl Talk" feature poses questions that really bring each message home. No matter how bad things get, you can always count on God. "Excellent for Homeschool Use"
When several girls get sick after a birthday dinner, everyone assumes the cause is accidental food poisoning. However, after further outbreaks Jeri McKane suspects the poisonings are more sinister.
A blackmailer is victimizing Jeri McKane's best friend, so Jeri uses her investigative abilities to discover who and why. As the threats become more serious-to her friend as well as herself-Jeri dares to confront real danger face-to-face.
If you liked No Boys Allowed, Girlz Rock, and Chick Chat, you'll love Shine On, Girl! These ninety daily devotions each illustrate a Scripture and help you understand God's Word. And there's more: 'More to Explore' and 'Did You Know' sections point to other related passages. 'Girl Talk' poses simple questions to think about on your own or talk about with friends. 'God Talk' helps you get started offering your thanks and worries to God. Scattered throughout are health and beauty tips and fun factoids. Faithgirlz! is based on 2 Corinthians 4:18---So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
When twelve-year-old Julie McGregor's Laurel school merges with the school in nearby Elmwood, and the kids from the schools don't get along, she has trouble keeping her friend Monica while trying to make new friends from Elmwood.
In this new devotional from Kristi Holl, you'll learn what to do in confusing situations, and also about the kind of person God wants you to be: pretty both inside and out.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.