- Table View
- List View
Written for beginning paraprofessional counselors, this textbook on crisis intervention outlines skills and strategies that Kanel (crisis intervention, California State U., Fullerton) found useful as a psychotherapist. She describes what can be defined as a crisis, the history of the field, ethical and professional issues, cultural sensitivity, and the ABC model of conducting mental health interviews with clients, which consists of three stages: developing and maintaining contact, identifying the problem and providing therapeutic interaction, and coping. She then outlines crises that are dangers, including suicide, self-mutilative behaviors, and psychotic breakdowns, and discusses gravely disabled mentally ill persons. Types of crises associated with stages of development, loss, AIDS and HIV, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress, disaster, and child, spousal, and sexual abuse are detailed. Indexes are divided by subject and name. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.