Abby Diamond is an eleven-year-old girl who loves to solve the mysteries that surround her and her three best friends: Neils, Andrea and Alison. Being blind does not stop this girl detective from solving the mysterious cases that happen in her home and at school. Abby is smart, self-reliant and ready to take on any problems that come her way along with her friends a.k.a The Three Musketeers. Neils-- An adorable redhead who is Abby's best friend and a tomboy by heart. If anyone loves a mystery better than Abby it is Neils. Andrea-- A tall striking dark-skinned young girl who has both beauty and brains. Andrea is the leader of The Three Musketeers who never fails to have a successful ending. Alison-- A quiet innocent girl who is the daughter of a famous movie star, Kaitlyn Summers. Although Alison has experienced the lifestyle of the rich and famous, she much prefers to live with her adopted dad, Audie who manages the school cafeteria. Join Abby and her friends while they discovers the mysteries of anonymous Braille notes, a missing parent, a haunted doll, neighborhood break-ins, but most of all, finding the true meaning of happiness in any situation.
Abby Diamond, Girl Detective, returns once again with her lovable and popular friends. Abby does not allow her visual impairment to stand in the way of her solving mysteries that surround her and Neils, Alison, Andrea, Jaxson and Glen. In the third novel of the series, "Diamond in the Rough", Abby and her friends meet up with children and adults who are not what they seem to be. Are the new friends in this series really ghosts or the figment of Abby's imagination? Children and adults will laugh when Abby and her gang learn about a mysterious boy named Cliff who takes them on a whirlwind of bicycle hills and mysteries. Abby grows up in the series and runs a detective agency with her best friends Jaxson and Neils. Did this really happen or is it simply Abby's imagination once again?Join Abby and her friends through this fast-paced novel that will leave children begging for more Adventures of Abby Diamond.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.