The Faber Report: CNBC's "The Brain" Tells You How Wall Street Really Works and How You Can Make It Work for Youby Ken Kurson David Faber
These days, when CNBC's David Faber talks, Wall Street listens. Unlike the talking heads that populate the financial news channels, Faber is a down-and-dirty investigative reporter. For six years, on CNBCs popular Squawk Box and in his own segments, Faber has broken story after story. Each day over one million people tune in to hear his daily report. Those who know the score know that Faber is the one to listen to especially now that the market isnt doing as well as it used to. Now Faber has written the smartest, most innovative investment book to be published in years. Like Harvard Business Schools famous case study method, each chapter is built around a story, the story of how a stock was presented to the public. Then Faber extracts clear, easy-to-follow lessons and instructions on how readers can learn the stocks real story, just as he does everyday on CNBC. Readers learn not just how to pick the stocks they want to invest in, but how to avoid joining the penguins lining up for big losses. The Faber Report combines practical, down to earth investment advice with wild accounts of investor fraud, company misdeeds, and famous investors and banks that have led investors astray.
Having inherited a city ravaged by crime and crippled in its ability to serve its citizens, Giuliani shows how he found that every aspect of his career up to that point-from clerking for the formidable judge who demanded excellence (and rewarded it with a lifetime of loyalty) to busting organized crime during his years as a federal attorney -shaped his thinking about leadership and prepared him for the daunting challenges ahead. Giuliani's successes in turn strengthened his conviction about the core qualities required to be an effective leader, no matter what the size of the organization, be it an international corporation or a baseball team. In detailing his principles of leadership, Giuliani tells captivating stories that are personal as well as prescriptive.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.