- Table View
- List View
John L'Heureux's previous novels have established him as a consum mate prose stylist, a witty and ferocious ironist, and a deft explorer of the darker sides of men and women. Having Everything is a pitch perfect novel in which L'Heureux's many talents are on full display. Take a man who has everything youth, looks, an important job, a devoted family-and ask: what could make this man jeopardize it all for a moment's flirtation with the forbidden? Having Everything is the story of Philip Tate, just such a man, and the nighttime drive that opens a door to his suddenly inevitable future. Behind that door live the Kizers-beautiful, troubled Dixie, and brilliant, kinky Hal. By stepping, without knocking, into the Kizers' house and into the midst of their sad marriage, Philip sets in motion the near ruin-and per haps the salvation-of his entire world. Fierce, ironic, and beautifully told, Having Everything reminds us that some times-in marriage, and in life-having everything is not enough. #12;JOHN L'HEUREUx is a poet and short-story writer and the author of thirteen novels, including A Woman Run Mad, The Shrine at Altamira, and The Handmaid of Desire. He has taught at Georgetown, Tufts, Harvard, and, for the past twenty-five years, Stanford University.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.