- Table View
- List View
Quadehar the Sorcerer is a 280 page fantasy novel for children and young adults first published in 2003 and written by Erik L'Homme. It is the first volume of a series entitled The Book of the Stars Trilogy; The Mystery of Lord Sha is the second, and The Face of the Shadow is the third. This fantasy is set on an island that has drifted away from reality and exists between two worlds, the Certain and the Uncertain. Scholastic's summary reads as follows: Robin leads a regular life full of school, friends, and computer games. One night, Quadehar, a great sorcerer, notices Robin's amazing potential for magic, and suddenly nothing is ordinary anymore. Robin becomes Quadehar's apprentice and learns all the secrets of sorcery. But when Robin's classmate is kidnapped, he and his friends must battle bandits and giants to rescue her. Will Robin pass his most dangerous exam ... ever?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.