- Table View
- List View
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications, 5th edition provides a broad-spectrum overview of the agricultural industry and the industry-based sciences, including basic principles of science as they apply to plants, animals, soils and foods, for high school students. Each chapter includes visual aids such as color photos, sketches, diagrams, and tables. Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications, 5th edition, also identifies chapter objectives, evaluation materials, suggested class activities, key terms, and internet key words to guide student's in-depth study.
This third edition of "Agriscience: Fundamentals & Applications," addresses the basic levels of modern agriscience concepts using language and examples designed to meet the needs of beginning students interested in natural science careers. The text integrates broadened principles of agriculture through all the major science areas, and adds many new applications of science, technology, math, agriculture, natural resources and the environment. New full-color photographs and illustrations have been added for visual enhancement, as well as internet icons to help students explore agriscience topics beyond the boundaries of the text. The unit profiles and student activities provide instructors with innovative ways to teach modern agriscience concepts, as this book contains invaluable resources for introductory agriscience curriculums.
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications is the most effective book available for introducing agricultural education. It addresses the full spectrum of the agricultural industry and introduces science as the basis for higher productivity and for the safest food system in the world. Readers also gain knowledge about agricultural careers and opportunities through the Agri-Profile feature. The authors successfully convey the principles of integrating science into the agricultural curriculum, and they educate readers about accessing related material on the Internet and about National FFA programs related to agriscience and technology. Color photos and illustrations, discussions of recent technological advances and Hot Topic inserts are just some of the many tools used to help the reader comprehend the wealth of material contained in this introduction to agriscience.
The book integrates the principles of zoology and ecology with the lives of different kinds of wild animals that inhabit North America and enlightens readers to the principles of biology in the context of how science relates to the survival of fish and wildlife. It gives descriptions of the lives, structures, growth, and classification of species in their natural habitats, and raises critical thinking questions to initiate the steps taken in the process of scientific discovery.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.