- Table View
- List View
La Vita Weaver, an ordained minister and fitness instructor, knows firsthand how being overweight affects every aspect of one's life. During her own battle with extra pounds--she gained eighty following the birth of her first child--she found herself struggling also with profound emotional and spiritual problems. Once a size five, she had skyrocketed to more than two hundred pounds, and her sense of self-esteem and well-being plummeted to an all-time low.After trying countless diets, she began exercising at home, playing Gospel music to keep her going. Before long, she was reciting Bible verses and singing hymns during her routines. Not only did she shed pounds and build muscle, but Weaver had gained an unexpected benefit--her exercise sessions had become precious times of praise, prayer, and inspiration. Now, the only thing she didn't like about exercising was when she had to stop!Weaver's sessions in her living room grew into a video series called Hallelujah! Aerobics and, ultimately, a fitness plan designed to meet the needs of the whole person.In FIT FOR GOD, her inspirational voice and her expertise as the leader of hundreds of successful fitness workshops are woven together in a highly effective eight-week program of diet, exercise, prayer, and praise. Combining solid nutritional information and exercise routines with inspiring passages from the Bible, her program will encourage even the most reluctant workout candidate to follow her example and embrace the rewards of becoming "fit for God."From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.