- Table View
- List View
La Vita Weaver, an ordained minister and fitness instructor, knows firsthand how being overweight affects every aspect of one's life. During her own battle with extra pounds--she gained eighty following the birth of her first child--she found herself struggling also with profound emotional and spiritual problems. Once a size five, she had skyrocketed to more than two hundred pounds, and her sense of self-esteem and well-being plummeted to an all-time low.After trying countless diets, she began exercising at home, playing Gospel music to keep her going. Before long, she was reciting Bible verses and singing hymns during her routines. Not only did she shed pounds and build muscle, but Weaver had gained an unexpected benefit--her exercise sessions had become precious times of praise, prayer, and inspiration. Now, the only thing she didn't like about exercising was when she had to stop!Weaver's sessions in her living room grew into a video series called Hallelujah! Aerobics and, ultimately, a fitness plan designed to meet the needs of the whole person.In FIT FOR GOD, her inspirational voice and her expertise as the leader of hundreds of successful fitness workshops are woven together in a highly effective eight-week program of diet, exercise, prayer, and praise. Combining solid nutritional information and exercise routines with inspiring passages from the Bible, her program will encourage even the most reluctant workout candidate to follow her example and embrace the rewards of becoming "fit for God."From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.