- Table View
- List View
Cherish the gorgeous and timeless appeal of America's northeast with this irresistible collection. Inspired by autumn, winter, and spring in new England (where the savvy knitter is never far from a sweater between September and March), New England Knits delivers 25 gorgeous patterns with classic wearability and contemporary style.Inspired by their daily surroundings, New England-based designers Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre created each piece to distinctly showcase the weather, colors, and culture of the region they so love. Projects by four guest designers from new England yarn companies round out the collection.Lushly photographed, New England Knits is divided into three classic themes: Around the Town, Fall on the Farm, and Along the Coast. Within each section you'll find beautiful multiseasonal clothes and accessories, such as cardigans for layering or scarves to warm your neck when the temperatures dip. You'll also fall in love with soft sweaters, durable bags, cozy mittens, and more! With New England Knits, you'll have everything you need for a perfect new England-inspired wardrobe.
Take this convenient ebook anywhere and embrace the hottest head-turning fashion accessory: the knitted hat.The clever designs of Weekend Hats will have enthusiastic knitters everywhere rejoicing in year-round hat style. Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre have brought you the best in-designer knit hat patterns all in one beautiful and fun-loving collection. Included are 25 clever variations on caps, berets, beanies, cloches, hats, toques, tams, and snoods ranging from feminine to sporty. This collection of unique designs makes knitting a picture-perfect hat easy-to-do, offering the best in contemporary style and customized techniques. Inside you'll find twenty-five contemporary hat patterns from authors Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre as well as top-notch designers including Jared Flood, Connie Chang Chinchio, Kate Gagnon Osborn, Courtney Kelley, Kristen TenDyke, Cirila Rose, and more. Expert advice appropriate for a variety of skill levels with special attention paid to exploring cables, lace, color, and texture.Tips and tricks on how to maximize the use of specialty yarns and accessories to add a little panache to your designs. All the designs in Weekend Hats are ideal projects for travel, gifts, or sneaking in between larger knit projects. With the guidance of this expert knitting team, you'll learn everything you need to know to master both the styling and technical aspects of creating distinctive knitted hats.Whether you're interested in comfort, style, or just knitting enjoyment and endless ideas, Weekend Hats is your all-in-one resource for creating want-to-wear knitted caps.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.