- Table View
- List View
Leonard is an attorney and the author or co-author of many of Nolo's personal finance books. Written in plain English, his text explains how to get out of debt, set up a realistic budget, and rebuild "bad" credit. This edition has been completely updated and revised to incorporate the latest information and laws, including new information on identity theft and what to do if you are a victim of it. The text includes 30 forms and letters, both as tear-outs and on the accompanying CD-ROM. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
A deceptively simple spiritual story about the inevitability of death, the interconnectedness of life, and the redeeming power of love.When twelve-year-old Nick Harper loses his father in an automobile accident, he enters a period of mourning that threatens to engulf him. His mother, badly injured in the crash, lies comatose in their home. For weeks he wanders about his family's Ohio farmland in a world of his own, while his aunt, nursing her own grief with red wine, looks on helplessly. Yet as the early summer sun warms the earth, something awakens inside of Nick and he slowly opens up to those around him, hoping to make sense of the terrible tragedy. But it is a force of nature that actually begins his healing: a voice calls to him, first as the cry of a frightened, lost soul, and by summer's end as a source of comfort and inspiration. A beautiful, mystical fable, The End of Summer will reaffirm your belief in the power of the human spirit.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.