- Table View
- List View
Increase your survival odds by creating and following an exercise program that counteracts the side effects of your treatment, speeds your recovery, and reduces your risk of recurrence. Most cancer patients and survivors think that "rest" will decrease their fatigue and speed their recovery. But in fact, rest can make patients weak and debilitated during treatment and may prolong hospitalization. Based on Dr. Anna Schwartz's research and her life's work as a nurse and a coach, Cancer Fitness offers cancer patients and survivors comprehensive advice and an easy step-by-step program to begin improving their physical and emotional health and reclaiming their lives beyond cancer. Through exercise, patients will regain some control over their body, manage side effects more successfully, and increase their body's ability to heal. Cancer Fitness provides clear directions to safely start an exercise program, and the tools to make exercise a long-lasting lifestyle change to heal body and soul.
The five-time Tour de France winner and Number 1New York Timesbestselling author returns with an inspirational account of his recent personal and professional victories--and some failures--and an intimate glimpse into how almost dying taught him to really live. Since the release of his megabestseller,It's Not About the Bike, Lance Armstrong has enjoyed a new series of thrilling rides, culminating with the extension of his string of Tour de France victories to a record-tying fifth in 2003. Continuing the inspiring story begun in his first book,Every Second Countscaptures the mind-set of a man who has beaten incredible odds and considers each day an opportunity for excellence. Armstrong's previous book recounted his journey from a grim diagnosis of testicular cancer to a stunning recovery that culminated in his winning the 1999 Tour de France. His new book addresses the equally daunting challenge of living in the aftermath of this experience and making the most of every breath of life. A fresh perspective on the spirit of survivors everywhere,Every Second Countswill invigorate and enthrall Armstrong's millions of admirers. "A joyous, triumphant book, a celebration of all the things that make life good. " --Booklist "There's something of a vicarious thrill in being along with Armstrong for the ride. " --San Antonio Express-News
The emotional, courageous story of an American World-Class bicyclist who is stricken with testicular cancer and his journey back to the peak of his sport - Tour de France winner.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.