Andrew Lang (1844-1912) was a brilliant Scottish scholar, man of letters, and serious student of folklore. His series of "fairy books" is generally regarded as among the richest collections in the English language. Gathered from around the world -- from Norse and Icelandic sources, from the Far East, Mideast, Europe, Africa, Australia, and many other areas -- these books not only introduced generations of youngsters to the enchanting world of fairyland but gave adults an opportunity to return to the wonderful realm of make-believe.This delightful selection of six popular tales from Lang's Blue Fairy Book includes charming versions of "Cinderella," "The Bronze Ring," "Felicia and the Pot of Pinks," "The White Cat," "The Story of Pretty Goldilocks," and "Snow-white and Rose-red." New illustrations by Marty Noble capture all the romance and magic of these time-honored tales.Reset in large, easy-to-read type, these perennial favorites will delight today's young audiences just as they enthralled readers when first published over a century ago.
Here are the best-loved legends of the Round Table, recounted by one of the world's great storytellers: how the young Arthur pulled the sword from the stone to become king, how he acquired the sword Excalibur, the beginnings of the Round Table, the passing of Merlin, and many more. 28 black-and-white illustrations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.