- Table View
- List View
Perry a yellow labrador tells about a day in his life. Where he goes with his owner Sara to the park, to the post office, to a diner, and to a school where Sara tells about guide dogs. Perry also remembers the time Sara and him walked from Boston to New York to show what a Guide dog could do. the most interesting books on guide dogs that I've ever read, Looking Out for Sarah is a truly splendid book with some of the loveliest illustrations I've ever seen. Their purity will draw readers to a very important subject, often ignored by the writers of children's books--the skills, perseverance, and even the heroism of people who manage to do without sight, and the dogs that help them do it. This subtle masterpiece should be required reading everyone old enough to turn pages. --Elizabeth Marshall author of The Hidden Li Looking Out for Sarah is a beautifully told story that will fascinate young listeners and readers. Glenna Lang shows in delightful illustrations and words how a blind person's life, every hour of every day, is enriched by the unique bond that develops with her guide dog. --William D. Badger, President, Guiding Eyes for the Blind
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.