Be Inspired. Be Informed. Be Prepared.The Book of Daniel is really two books in one as you'll discover in The Smart Guide to the Bible: The Book of Daniel. You'll be inspired by Daniel's integrity in part one. As a young man in Babylonian captivity, Daniel's faith and courage led him to famously interpret the King's dream and to survive being cast in a furnace. And, you'll be amazed by Daniel's God-given prophecies in part two. Many of these events have already taken place or are now unfolding exactly as predicted. This Smart Guide will help you understand-and be prepared for-God's triumphant plan.Be Smart About:Obeying GodPrioritiesProphecies & ProphetsTrusting GodSpiritual WarfareGod's SovereigntyEnd-of-the-Age PowersAnd More! Smart Guides Are for Everyone!The Bible is loaded with valuable insights for every area of your life. The Smart Guides to the Bible let you easily uncover them all-even the passages you once thought were hard to understand.Whether you're new to the Bible, a long-time student of Scripture or somewhere in between, you'll appreciate the many ways the relevant helps on each page lead you to get the most out of God's Word.
The Book of Revelation is God's message to all who are concerned about the future. And no guide makes Revelation more understandable than this one. You'll grasp the meaning of each verse, you'll understand every important symbol, and you'll get the big picture of all that God has promised for those who believe in Him.
Few people have had a greater impact on our lives-and our concept of God-than Moses.His unlikely start in life was guided by God, as was his mission to deliver Israel from bondage. During that mission, Moses wrote the first five books of the Old Testament, became Israel's first and greatest prophet, and gave to them the Ten Commandments and the law that Jews still follow today.Features include:How to be smart about the power of Moses's mission and relationship with God Moses's impact on the church and current events Understanding events from Genesis through Deuteronomy God's calling and equipping
As an on-the-go teen, you're moving fast. God is moving faster! The Teen Study Bible will help you keep in step with all he has done, is doing, and will do in the world--and in your life. Totally revised, this best-selling Bible will help you discover the eternal truths of God's Word and apply them to the issues you face today. Features include: (NEW) We Believe--Unpacks the Apostles' Creed to reveal the biblical foundation of faith; (NEW) Panorama--Keeps the big picture of each book of the Bible in view (NEW) Tip-in Pages--Explain ancient ruins, foreign languages, music, and more; (NEW) Key Indexes--Help with in-depth Bible study; To the Point--Reveals what the Bible says about pressing issues; Dear Jordan--Offers biblical advice for teens; Instant Access--Tells what God says to you personally; Q&A--Tests your knowledge of Bible trivia; Bible Promises--Highlights Bible verses worth remembering; Book Introductions--Provides an overview for each book of the Bible; Complete NIV Text--The most read, most trusted Bible translation.
The Bible is the best-selling book in history, but it can also be hard to understand. The Smart Guide to the Bible: The Bible guides you through all 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, so you can see both the big picture and the Divine details that support and carry forth God's master plan. From "In the beginning" to the final "Amen" you will gain the knowledge, confidence, and clarifications you've always wanted about God's words to you.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.