- Table View
- List View
The completion of a consensus draft sequence for the human genome was the starting point for more thorough investigations of individual genome variation. The development of array-based strategies made it possible to look at our genome in new ways and for new types of variation to be discovered and characterized. Characterization of copy number variation and other forms of structural genetic variation has highlighted the complexity of human genetic variation and also provided significant insight into the evolution and dynamic nature of our genome. Genomic Structural Variants: Methods and Protocols provides an in-depth description of the developments in our understanding of structural genetic variation and its implications for human disease, from the introduction of microarrays up to current state-of-the-art sequencing strategies. It covers the major technologies used for research and diagnostics as well as web-based resources for variation data, and it then goes into depth regarding specific regions of the genome that differ in variation content. Specific patient groups where copy number variation has been shown to be of great importance are highlighted, and implications for both pre-natal and standard diagnostics are described. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Genomic Structural Variants: Methods and Protocols provides complete comprehensive coverage of this burgeoning field.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.