- Table View
- List View
Two decades after the fall of the Berlin Wall, we are witnessing an ever quickening dissolution of the boundaries between internal and external actors and the critical factors for understanding domestic institutional change. In the transnationalization of the economies of Western and Eastern Europe, international cross-ownership networks are playing a growing, and at times dominant role in domestic economies. These economies are governed by states that are increasingly sharing larger and larger parts of their regulative powers with non-domestic actors. These regulations are contested by civil societies that are increasingly based on networks of interlinked domestic and external NGOs. This is an emerging research agenda extending earlier research on transnationalization, which focused on the supra-national level, and it goes beyond the Europeanization literature that focused on externally induced or imposed change in domestic institutions. This book brings together in one volume the study of transnationalization in three institutional fields: civil society, state and the economy and extends the research of processes of transnationalization to evolving new democracies and emerging market economies. This book should be of interest to scholars and students in the field of political science, public policy, European studies, and international relations.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.