- Table View
- List View
A strange note in a fur hat--two Greek words and a draw¬ing of a bull's horns! That's all it takes to arouse the curiosity of the Bobbsey Twins. If a square white box had not fallen off a speeding bicycle --if the twins had not located the owner and returned the box--if a letter from Athens had not arrived at that very moment--the Bobbseys' surprise visit to Greece would not have been enhanced by mystery. A tour of the Acropolis in Athens is very exciting, but exploring the ruins of the ancient palace of Knossos in Crete proves to be even more so. Here, Flossie is lost in its puzzling labyrinth, and Freddie uncovers a valuable tiny bronze chariot in a deep stone pit. En route to Delphi, Bert observes a familiar-looking bundle of fur in a truck found smashed against a boulder, and Nan finds herself directly in the path of a huge rock which comes hurtling down the mountainside. You will enjoy the added flavor of a foreign land as the adventurous Bobbsey Twins stumble upon another mystery while attempting to solve the one they have brought with them from Lakeport.
The four Bobsey twins may not have much in common when it comes to looks, but they all have one heck of a knack for adventure! In this book the Twins find mystery and adventure in an old house right near home!
The contribution box at the Lakeport Kids' Mini-Marathon to Help the Hungry is missing and it is up to the twins to solve the mystery in order to prove Nan innocent.
The Bobbsey Twins set out to solve another exciting mystery when two strange men approach them with hints about a hidden dune buggy owned by their friend, Mark Gordon. Does the sixteen-year-old really have a car? Nan, Bert, Freddie, and Flossie are determined to find out. At the same time, another friend's family is in serious financial trouble, and the twins decide to go into business to raise money for them. Whie the Bobbseys try to discover the story behind the hidden dune buggy, Mark Gordon's sudden request for help pits them against a ruthless band of theives. In the end, Freddie save the day in an exciting chase!
Freddie and Flossie are twins. Snap is their dog. They like to play catch together -- until Snap decides it's time to play chase!Ready-to-read books offer children a world of possibilities at four different reading levels, this book is a Pre-level 1: Recognizing Words, Word repetition, Familiar words and phrases, Simple sentences.
Freddie, Flossie, and their kitten, Snoop, are taking the train to Grandma's house. When Freddie lets Snoop out of his box, the fun begins!
Build sand castles and splash in the waves -- join Freddie and Flossie as they spend a delightful day at the beach with their dog, Snap!Ready-to-read books offer children a world of possibilities at four different reading levels:Recognizing Words & Word repetition & Familiar words and phrases & Simple sentences. This book is a Pre-Level 1. Higher levels are more advanced.
Meet Freddie and Flossie. They are twins. They look alike, but in many ways they are very different ... or maybe not!
A summer at the seashore with Cousin Dorothy is an exciting enough prospect for the Bobbsey Twins, who, of course, don't know of the other adventures awaiting them there. Visiting the Lakeside Amusement Park, Bert and Nan, Flossie and Freddie, and Dorothy make a new friend, Cindy, whose father has been lost in an airplane crash at sea. And sharp-eyed Freddie catches a glimpse of the thief who has eluded police after stealing a sackful of $100 bills. Together the children enjoy all the pleasures of the seashore, but strange and intriguing things keep happening too. Nan finds a bottle washed ashore by the waves, containing a message from someone marooned on an island. And there is the mystery of the vanishing boats. First, the canoe is stolen from the water carnival, then Freddie's toy sailboat floats away to sea and finally the motorboat vanishes from its mooring. But the Bobbsey Twins, who love mysteries, eventually put all the clues together to find the answer and win a surprising reward!
The second in a series of Bobbsey Twins novels. When the Bobbsey Twins arrive in Bermuda for a vacation, they begin an unexpected search for the missing brother of a good friend. The eerie caves along the coast sparkle with clues..and pirates' sunken treasure. Suddenly the young detectives and cunning theives cross each others path! A crucial photograph, a puzzling message, and a perilous boat ride quickly result in a wild adventure that places Bert's life in danger. Quick thinking and great courage saves the twin, and exposes an international team of thieves and treasure-hunters!
The Bobbsey Twins are older twins Nan and Bert and younger twins Freddie and Flossie. Hunt for buried beach treasure and ghosts while on summer vacation.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.