- Table View
- List View
The finest independent bead shops across the United States and Canada open their doors and their bead boxes in this showcase of materials and techniques to inspire beaders of all stripes. Forty projects mix insider tips with inventive arrangements, employing techniques from stringing and weaving to bead embroidery, wire wrapping, and soldering. Beginners will find an array of rewarding projects and advanced beaders will delight in the original ideas, such as a tic-tac-toe art deco piece, beaded lanterns, a fuzzy felted bead bracelet, a vintage-inspired picture pendant necklace, a spiritual talisman lariat and bracelet, and a unique mosaic bead tray. An instructive Beading 101 section, an illustrated techniques glossary, and a bead shop directory round out the book, making this collection a staple of creative beadwork.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.