- Table View
- List View
THE DRAMATIC FIRST-PERSON ACCOUNT OF LIFE INSIDE AN ULTRA-FUNDAMENTALIST AMERICAN RELIGIOUS SECT, AND ONE WOMAN'S CORAGEOUS FLIGHT TO FREEDOM WITH HER EIGHT CHILDREN. When she was eighteen years old, Carolyn Jessop was coerced into an arranged marriage with a total strange: a man thirty-two years her senior. Merril Jessop already had three wives. But arranged plural marriages were an integral part Carolyn's heritage: She was born into and raised in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Da...
At the age of 18, Carolyn Jessop was forced to marry a 50-year-old stranger and religious cult member. She became one of six wives and bore him eight children in 15 years. When the cult started preaching death and destruction, she knew she and her children had to escape. Carolyn Jessop's extraordinary story as part of the fundamentalist Mormon church in the US was chronicled in her international bestseller ESCAPE. Three years on, Carolyn has written TRIUMPH, an inspirational guide which will help anyone overcome adversity and hardship to achieve their dreams. With the right tools, we can all face our fears and redefine our relationships with those who have hurt us.
This book is about our experiences as women reporters covering the Vietnam War from 1966 until the fall of Saigon in 1975. Each of us has written a chapter about what we saw and felt in Indochina--our adventures, fears, excitement, and the difficulties and loneliness. Vietnam was a unique war for all journalists, because there was no censorship. The U.S. military provided extraordinary access to combat operations. We could fly on bombing missions, parachute into hostile territory with an airborne unit, spend a week with the Special Forces in the jungle, hitch a ride on a chopper and land amid rocket and artillery as a battle raged, or be taken prisoner like a soldier. This access gave women reporters a chance to show that they could cover combat bravely and honorably, holding their own even under the most frightening and stressful circumstances.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.