- Table View
- List View
JORGE and LAURA POSADA were accustomed to being on top of the world. After a romantic courtship, the lives of these newlyweds were filled with unimaginable success and joy. But all of that changed when their first-born son was diagnosed with craniosynostosis, a birth defect that causes an abnormally shaped skull. Their priorities swiftly changed, as Jorge and Laura navigated their way through the challenges of their son's diagnosis and eventual treatment, which has included eight major surgeries. Laura stayed home with her son, while Jorge suffered in silence as he tried to stay strong under the pressure to perform as a Yankees baseball player.Amid their fear, confusion, and anxiety as young parents, they decided to keep their son's sickness a secret to protect him from a media frenzy, but in time they realized it was this very celebrity status that would allow them to make a difference--not only for patients with craniosynostosis but for people suffering from any type of illness. They decided to open the Jorge Posada Foundation to help kids with the same condition, a decision that gave new meaning to their lives. Before being a celebrity athlete or a lawyer, Jorge and Laura are a father and a mother, a husband and a wife--and the fortitude and foundations of their family values have helped them face even the worst of days. The Beauty of Love is more than a memoir about dealing with childhood illness--it is a heartfelt and uplifting illustration of how a couple can endure stress and strife and come out stronger on the other side.
En Fit Home Team, Jorge y Laura Posada ofrecen una guÍa poderosa y activa para resolver, de a una familia por vez, el problema de la falta de ejercicios. Repleto de fotos, ejercicios, estrategias, actividades y recetas deliciosas y aptas para niÑos, que toda la familia puede disfrutar. El libro incluye, ademÁs, consejos y trucos a prueba de tontos para empezar a andar y no desviarse del camino. Fit Home Team saca del sofÁ a padres e hijos, y los transporta a los jardÍnes, los parques y los patios de AmÉrica, promoviendo la uniÓn mientras provee a las familias de las herramientas necesarias para proteger la salud de sus hijos, hoy y por el resto de sus vidas. In Fit Home Team, Jorge and Laura Posada offer a powerful, hands-on guide to solving the problem, one family at a time. Packed with photos, exercises, strategies, activities, and delicious kid-friendly recipes that the whole family can enjoy, along with foolproof tricks and tips for getting on track and staying the course, Fit Home Team gets parents and kids off the couch and into the backyards, parks, and playgrounds of America, fostering togetherness as it arms families with the tools they need to protect their children's health today and for a lifetime.
Jorge and Laura Posada are not the kind of parents who say to their children, "Do as I say." Their parenting mantra instead is, "Let's do it together," and the Posadas have always made good nutrition and fitness a core element of their family lifestyle. Fit Home Team is their formula for getting parents and kids off the couch, arming families with key tools for optimal health, wellness, and overall balance by offering: A simple guide to eating right Nutrition-packed kid-friendly recipes Tips for taking the "work" out of "working out" Inexpensive seasonal activities for staying fit An easy-to-follow family progress chart Sixteen percent of children age 2 to 19 are obese. To help face down this tragic national health crisis, the Posadas bring together everything they have learned from sports and athletics, along with caring for their own family, giving parents a complete lesson in fitness, nutrition, and the power of family unity, all at the same time. Fit Home Team is a durable lifestyle change that helps families get fit and stay fit.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.