- Table View
- List View
From the acclaimed author of My Diet Starts Tomorrow -- a sexy and suspenseful novel about love, work, weight, relationships (and murder), that reflects the passionate and empowered woman inside all of us. Ever thought about quitting your job? Murdering your boss? Getting rid of those extra pounds and keeping them off? In her captivating second novel, Laurel Handfield takes readers into the not-very-fulfilling life of twenty-eight-year-old Jordan. When we meet her, Jordan is working as a secretary for an insensitive employer who constantly mistreats her. Lacking in self-confidence, she passively accepts the daily humiliation and degradation. That is, until his partner Trent Prescott engages her in candlelit dinners and sizzling nights of passion. In spite of her insecurities about her self-worth (and weight), Trent makes Jordan feel alive again. Then as sudden violence spirals out of control and suspicion falls on Jordan, Trent reaches out to help her. Can she trust him? Faced with a crisis that will determine the rest of her life, Jordan knows she has to change in order to survive. The only problem is that she may not recognize the woman staring back at her from the mirror. Can love change a woman? Is there such a thing as an ideal soul mate? Filled with rich emotional drama and romantic suspense and featuring an engaging heroine with whom readers will instantly identify, Mirror, Mirror is another winning gem from a wonderful new voice in African-American literature.
A fresh and funny take on the perils of dating from a gifted new African-American writer.Monica is a girl whose standards have hit rock bottom. Having dated so many loosers, she doesn't even care that her latest, Mark, has some baggage -- baggage that has a name and face and harnesses her every chance she gets. But hey, everyone has a skeleton in the closet, right? Could he be the one, imperfections aside? Will she bother to press the issue? Should she just bolt for the door and forget the whole thing? Before she can decide, things get complicated when she meets a guy who encompasses everything she looks for in a man. There's just one problem: he lives in another country.In this exciting first novel, Laurel Laurel Handfield deftly captures the moments of humor, frustration, hope, and uncertainty that are inevitable parts of every new relationship. Sarcastic, heartwarming, and always entertaining, My Diet Starts Tomorrow will appeal to anyone who's been knocked down by the dating scene -- only to get right back up and into it again.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.