- Table View
- List View
For millions of years, bees have worked tirelessly to create nature's miracle medicine: honey. In this important book, Cooking Well: Honey for Health & Beauty, the unique healing properties of honey are revealed, placing the power of this low-cost and effective natural treatment in your family's hands.Whether as a healing agent for minor wounds and burns, a soothing ingredient for sore throats and coughs, a beauty treatment rich in anti-oxidants for youthful skin, or as a potent antibiotic, honey has become and essential part of natural cures and remedies.Cooking Well: Honey for Health & Beauty also explains how the recent, rapid decline in honeybee population is alerting us to damage to our environment, and lists ways that you can help honeybees thrive and how the health of our planet, the health of the honeybee, and very own health is so closely linked.Featuring over 100 honey-based recipes for better health, beauty and nutrition, Cooking Well: Honey for Health & Beauty is all you need to harness the precious gift of honey bees.
Enjoy Delicious Recipes Specially Designed for Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism PatientsWhile diet alone cannot cure thyroid disease, the proper foods can play an important role in your body's health and wellness. Cooking Well: Thyroid Health features over 100 recipes developed to support your thyroid treatment plan.Cooking Well: Thyroid Health provides recipe varieties to keep your appetite satisfied while considering the impact of food ingredients on thyroid health and medication compliance.Whether you're looking for brunch, lunch, a snack, a breakfast shake, or a hearty dinner, there is a wide variety of healthy and balanced meal choices for you to follow.Cooking Well: Thyroid Health also includes:* An overview on hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism and the impact of proper nutrition* Guidelines on foods to choose and foods to avoid to improve thyroid function* A meal diary and helpful tips to make it easy to create your own customized diet planJust a few of the scrumptious and healthy recipes to be found inside this book include Mediterranean Portobello Burger, Onion Soup, Lamb Chops with Herbs, Roasted Chicken Breast with Sweet Potatoes, Stuffed Turkey Breast Italian-Style, Butternut Squash with Cinnamon, Strawberries with Spicy Red Wine, and Winter Fruit Salad.
The Essential Parents' Guide to the Best Conventional and Natural Medicines for Your Child From feeding to healing, clothing to washing, raising children naturally can be a daunting task--unless you know how. Natural Baby and Childcare shows you how to complement conventional therapy with natural treatments such as homeopathic and herbal medicine; how to bathe your child without using damaging chemicals; and how to find healthy, organic food for your baby. As a physician and a mom, Dr. Lauren Feder skillfully bridges the divide between medicine and motherhood, empowering parents to personalize traditional child-rearing practices to their own child. Natural Baby and Childcare answers common questions such as: * Do homeopathic medicines have any side effects? * What alternatives are there to wasteful or harmful baby products, such as plastic diapers and chemical-laden diaper creams? * Can vaccines cause autism or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome? In addition to shedding light on controversial topics such as antibiotic overuse and vaccination, Dr. Feder offers a complete A to Z guide to treating common childhood conditions naturally and a handy directory of easy-to-use natural medicines and home remedies. With information for children from birth to adolescence, Natural Baby and Childcare is a comprehensive, intelligent, practical, and reassuring guide to raising healthy and happy children.
The Parents’ Concise Guide to Childhood Vaccinations: Practical Medical and Natural Ways to Protect Your Childby Lauren Feder
As a physician trained in both standard and holistic medicine-and as a parent herself-Lauren Feder, M.D., presents the facts about vaccinations. If you have chosen to vaccinate your children, she offers both practical medical and natural remedies to avoid possible side effects. If you have chosen not to vaccinate your children, she offers natural medicines to strengthen your child's immune system, along with tips on how to deal with legal exemptions, school requirements, and medical insurances. If you're just not sure what to do, she offers a balanced and easy-to-understand discussion of the issues, explaining the truth about the effectiveness of vaccinations, side effects, and much more. With information on the latest available vaccinations for teens (including the meningococcal and HPV vaccinations), as well as new schedules for childhood vaccinations, The Parents' Concise Guide to Childhood Vaccinations is a comprehensive and reassuring guide to help you make the right decision for your child.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.