- Table View
- List View
Create an IEP with this start-to-finish guide for caring parents Your special needs child needs a special education, and as a parent, you face a number of obstacles as you work with your school district to develop an Individual Education Plan (IEP) - lots of steps, complicated paperwork, and intimidating procedures may seem like too much to take on... ...but you can do it! Let The Complete IEP Guide guide you through this complex process with vital information, strategies, and the encouragement you need to secure your child's education. Get everything you need to: understand your child's rights untangle eligibility rules and assessments collect all school records draft goals and objectives pinpoint specific problems develop a blueprint of program and services research school programs and alternative prepare for IEP meetings resolve disputes with your school district Whether you're new to the IEP process or entering it once again, this user-friendly, plain English guide is your outline for an effective educational experience for your child. You'll get all the forms, sample letters, and resources that you could possibly need at any stage of the IEP process. The 7th edition is completely updated to reflect the latest -- and major -- changes to federal regulations concerning your special education student, including details about your child's eligibility for special education services.
Create an individualized education plan (IEP) and secure the education your child deserves! Children with learning disabilities have different needs than other kids in special education -- let Nolo's IEP Guide: Learning Disabilities help you work with your child's school to make sure those needs are met. This one-of-a-kind book walks you through the Individual Education Program process, providing all the instructions, suggestions, resources, and forms you need to understand the special education system. Step by step, you'll learn how to: understand your child's rights prepare to make your case untangle eligibility rules and evaluations develop effective IEP goals figure out the best programs, services and teaching strategies get ready for IEP meetings resolve disputes with the school district do legal research on learning-disability issues The 5th edition has been updated to reflect the latest laws, federal regulations, and court decisions that affect the IEP process, and includes fully up-to-date forms, sample letters, and resources to help you every step of the way. Plus, read an expanded section about "appropriate" education measures resulting from a recent U.S. Supreme Court case, and get new details on eligibility for special education services for your child.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.