- Table View
- List View
With the landmark publication of the Handbook of Asian American Psychology, professionals, students, and researchers now have a handy reference on topics that are germane to the understanding of Asian Americans. In recent years, the Asian American population has seen an explosion not only in size but also in diversity. As a result, the research and literature has reflected this explosion with a mass of new material presented in various journals on different Asian American subgroups. However, much of these research articles focus too narrowly on one subgroup, on disparate topics, and are published in varied disciplinary journals. Until now, there hasnÆt been a single-volume resource that integrates descriptions and evaluations of current research on all ethnic subgroups of Asian Americans. The Handbook of Asian American Psychology stands alone as the most comprehensive handbook on Asian Americans. A select group of prominent scholars and clinicians focus on a wide range of topics, including: + Racism + Family violence + Addictive behaviors + Interracial marriage + Academic achievement and performance + Interpersonal relations + Career development + Mental health services and treatment This bold new handbook provides insights into the diverse and varied nature of Asian American cultures and communication and makes a distinguished contribution to the body of knowledge on Asian Americans. It will be highly valued by professionals, students, and academics in ethnic studies, psychology, clinical and counseling psychology, social welfare, developmental psychology, gender studies, family studies, nursing, gerontology, research methods, and interpersonal communication
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.