- Table View
- List View
In the tradition of Ruth Rendell, Lynda La Plante, Frances Fyfield, and Barbara Vine, Cut Short is a gripping psychological thriller that introduces Detective Inspector Geraldine Steel, a woman whose past is threatening to collide with her future.D.I. Geraldine Steel relocates to the quiet rural town of Woolsmarsh, thinking she's found a restful place where she can battle her demons in private. But when she finds herself pitted against a twisted killer preying on young local women in the park, she quickly discovers how wrong she is ...When an unwitting bystander comes forward as a witness, she quickly becomes the murderer's next obsession. And Geraldine Steel is locked in a race against time, determined to find the killer before yet another victim is discovered. But can she save the lives of the town's young women--or will Geraldine herself become the killer's ultimate trophy?
When headmistress Abigail Kirby's corpse is discovered in the woods, police are shocked to learn that her tongue was cut out while she lay dying. Then, shortly after a witness comes forward, he is blinded and murdered. With mangled bodies appearing at an alarming rate, Detective Inspector Geraldine Steel must race against time to find the killer before he claims his next victim ...
Two brutal murders. No witnesses. The battered bodies of two young girls are discovered in North London, one shortly after the other. Desperate to avoid hysteria in the community, the police struggle to make a quick arrest before the deranged killer can strike again. Not having any luck, Detective Geraldine Steel, recently transferred to London, is called in to make sense of the grisly murders and the killer's unusual signature: he extracts two teeth from each of his victims. With the death toll mounting, Geraldine is running out of time as she hunts for the elusive killer the papers have dubbed "The Dentist."
When a man dies in a gas explosion, the police suspect arson. The Murder Investigation Team is called in to examine the evidence, but the case takes on a new and terrible twist when a local villain is viciously attacked. As the police inquiries lead from an expensive Harchester Hill estate to the local brothel, a witness dies in a hit-and-run. Was it coincidence ... or cold-blooded murder? The Murder Investigation Team has problems of its own--and so does Geraldine Steel. A shocking revelation threatens her peace of mind as the investigation races toward its dramatic climax.
Revenge never felt so good ...When a successful businessman is brutally murdered, a long list of suspects develops that is filled with colleagues, ex-lovers, and debt collectors. But no one is more suspicious than his beautiful wife and her young lover. That is, until the victim's business partner suffers the same gruesome fate and another murder, seemingly unconnected except for the killer's signature, occurs soon after. Confounded, Detective Geraldine Steel is left with only one more lead: DNA at the crime scenes pointing to two women--one dead and one in prison.With a steady stream of bodies arriving at the morgue, Detective Geraldine Steel and her team are in a race against time to stop a vicious killer.
Witness: A Thriller and Suspense eBook Sampler from Witness ImpulseWilliam Morrow/Harper Collins e-original thriller imprint Witness Impulse presents a free sampler of excerpts from twelve new or upcoming novels, as well as "Claws," a complete original short story by Stephen Booth.You'll find:An Introduction from Witness Impulse editor Emily Krump"Claws" by Stephen Booth (in its entirety)Excerpts from Newly Released Impulse Books:Settled Blood by Mari HannahCold in the Earth by Aline TempletonShadows on the Mirror by Frances FyfieldPrince by Rory ClementsCut Short by Leigh RussellConfession by Carey BaldwinComing Soon from Impulse:Code of the Hills by Nancy AllenHurt by Brian McGillowayBlessed are the Dead by Kristi BelcaminoDaddy's Girl by Margie OrfordPsalmist by James LillieforsChina Dogs by Sam Masters
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.