- Table View
- List View
What of the Blind? A Survey of the Development and Scope of Present-Day Work with the Blind: Volume 1by Helga Lende
What of the Blind? is designed with a view to presenting in one single volume the experience and opinions of leaders in this specialized field. The material has been grouped so that the student may easily find the aspect of the subject in which he is especially interested. Following each chapter is a short reading list which will serve as a guide to further study.
What of the Blind? A Survey of the Development and Scope of Present-Day Work with the Blind: Volume 2by Helga Lende
This book is intended as a companion volume to What of the Blind? Recently published by the American Foundation for the Blind. The first volume was brought out in answer to a long-felt need for a convenient reference work to put in the hands of professional workers, board members and lay persons desiring general information on work with the blind. The subjects treated were mainly of a general nature as will be seen from the table of contents appended to this book.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.