- Table View
- List View
What of the Blind? A Survey of the Development and Scope of Present-Day Work with the Blind: Volume 1by Helga Lende
What of the Blind? is designed with a view to presenting in one single volume the experience and opinions of leaders in this specialized field. The material has been grouped so that the student may easily find the aspect of the subject in which he is especially interested. Following each chapter is a short reading list which will serve as a guide to further study.
What of the Blind? A Survey of the Development and Scope of Present-Day Work with the Blind: Volume 2by Helga Lende
This book is intended as a companion volume to What of the Blind? Recently published by the American Foundation for the Blind. The first volume was brought out in answer to a long-felt need for a convenient reference work to put in the hands of professional workers, board members and lay persons desiring general information on work with the blind. The subjects treated were mainly of a general nature as will be seen from the table of contents appended to this book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.