From the bestselling author of Privilege and The Side of the Angels comes a passionately involving novel of an age when love was the most dangerous of pastimes. The year is 1900; it is a time of glamour and grandeur, of ruthless tycoons cutting deals, of rich Americans traveling abroad, of fashionable women breaking free from old conventions, and of wayward passions that can damn a well-born woman to ruin, unless she resists the dizzying pull of... Fascination. Miranda Cunningham, an elegant, sophisticated New York society wife, is set to sail for England, where she's to join her husband, Paul. At her side is her beautiful, spoiled niece Cynthia, whose mission is to take Europe by storm and restore the family prestige by finding herself a titled husband. Also sailing on the luxury liner is Louisa "Kitt" McAllister, a thoroughly modern and engaging young woman eager to see the world. They are three very different women, each about to fall in love with the same man.... Steven James, the new state senator from New York, has come aboard the Sylvania to investigate a business proposition that could change the face of the country and make him a wealthy man. A compelling, magnetically attractive widower, he has never loved a woman as much as women have loved him. That state of affairs is about to change, as Steven becomes blinded by desire, drawn into a storm of emotions that will drastically transform his life. Soon each of the women will make choices that unleash jealousy, betrayal, and intrigue, pushing them toward the happiness they seek, or lingering heartache. And then, from London to exotic Cairo and finally back to America, amid stolen moments and bitter revelations, Miranda, Cynthia, and Kitt will force their rivalry to a stunning conclusion that tests the depths of a man's love... and reveals the hidden recesses of a woman's heart. A marvelous journey into the past and a timeless look at the perils of love--and the price of betrayal--Fascination is a lush, seductive read, utterly irresistible from first page to last.
At eighteen and an innocent in 1904, Madeline marries Jesse Slayter, but finds Jesse's first love is the world of finance.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.