- Table View
- List View
Shop a fancy France-y store. Eat a pretty petit four. Discover! Sightsee! Explore! On this fun and friendly tour, everybody says "Bonjour!" Whether at a soccer stadium ("players scoring"), a crêpe stand ("batter pouring"), or strolling the Champs d' Elysee (where folks "bonjour" in every store), a little girl and her family are welcomed everywhere with the signature French greeting. Jump into these pages and enjoy the trip! Through lilting words and lively images, Everybody Bonjours welcomes young reader-travelers to a Paris that isn't just for artists, grown-ups, and dreamers- it's for kids!
From singing holiday songs to playing favorite games, this first introduction celebrates all of the wonderful festivities and traditions of Passover. The loving and lovable family of Hanukkah Lights, Hanukkah Nights comes together once again, this time to celebrate Passover. They sing songs, say prayers, eat special foods, and play a special Passover game. Young readers will delight as the simple text and playful illustrations introduce them to all the traditions of this joyous and important holiday.The loving and lovable family of Hanukkah Lights, Hanukkah Nights comes together once again, this time to celebrate Passover. They sing songs, say prayers, eat special foods, and play a special Passover game. Young readers will delight as the simple text introduces them to all the traditions of this joyous and important holiday.
Oy gevalt! The Little Red Hen likes baking matzah, but she's not so crazy about doing everything herself. Would it be too much to ask her friends Dog, Horse, and Sheep to help plant and harvest some wheat for the delicious Passover treat? Couldn't they at least help schlep the wheat to the mill? In this rollicking version of a favorite folktale, a harried, hardworking hen finds the true meaning of Passover. A recipe for making your own matzah is included, along with the story behind the weeklong holiday and its traditions.
Gruff, Ruff, and Tuff bully their way across a bridge and into a meadow--teasing a kind ogre and butting small animals along the way. Frustrated because he can't disarm the bullies by being friendly and polite, the ogre hatches a plan to teach the "bully" goats a lesson. This twist on "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" is a great read-aloud (and discussion starter) that will have kids laughing in the aisles.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.