- Table View
- List View
Shop a fancy France-y store. Eat a pretty petit four. Discover! Sightsee! Explore! On this fun and friendly tour, everybody says "Bonjour!" Whether at a soccer stadium ("players scoring"), a crêpe stand ("batter pouring"), or strolling the Champs d' Elysee (where folks "bonjour" in every store), a little girl and her family are welcomed everywhere with the signature French greeting. Jump into these pages and enjoy the trip! Through lilting words and lively images, Everybody Bonjours welcomes young reader-travelers to a Paris that isn't just for artists, grown-ups, and dreamers- it's for kids!
From singing holiday songs to playing favorite games, this first introduction celebrates all of the wonderful festivities and traditions of Passover. The loving and lovable family of Hanukkah Lights, Hanukkah Nights comes together once again, this time to celebrate Passover. They sing songs, say prayers, eat special foods, and play a special Passover game. Young readers will delight as the simple text and playful illustrations introduce them to all the traditions of this joyous and important holiday.The loving and lovable family of Hanukkah Lights, Hanukkah Nights comes together once again, this time to celebrate Passover. They sing songs, say prayers, eat special foods, and play a special Passover game. Young readers will delight as the simple text introduces them to all the traditions of this joyous and important holiday.
Oy gevalt! The Little Red Hen likes baking matzah, but she's not so crazy about doing everything herself. Would it be too much to ask her friends Dog, Horse, and Sheep to help plant and harvest some wheat for the delicious Passover treat? Couldn't they at least help schlep the wheat to the mill? In this rollicking version of a favorite folktale, a harried, hardworking hen finds the true meaning of Passover. A recipe for making your own matzah is included, along with the story behind the weeklong holiday and its traditions.
Thanksgiving is here! Jesse can't wait because this year all the relatives are coming to his house. When everyone arrives, they sit down to dinner and round the table (and the turkey!) they go, each taking turns to remember the year's blessings.
When Charlie moves next door to Sam, he's thrilled to have a new friend--even if she is a girl. Charlie has a little sister, also named Sam--or Sam Too, as the other Sam comes to call her. Both Sam and Charlie (and Sam Too) are Jewish, and they try to live by the religion's motto: Love your neighbor as yourself. The five brief chapters in this book, accompanied by colorful illustrations, highlight the value of friendship and its ups and downs.
Gruff, Ruff, and Tuff bully their way across a bridge and into a meadow--teasing a kind ogre and butting small animals along the way. Frustrated because he can't disarm the bullies by being friendly and polite, the ogre hatches a plan to teach the "bully" goats a lesson. This twist on "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" is a great read-aloud (and discussion starter) that will have kids laughing in the aisles.
Charlotte Blue-Tongue, Peg-Leg Pete, Glass-Eyed Gabby, and their friends swashbuckle through the streets demanding loot and treasure from their neighbors in this Halloween pirate tale. As their world transforms from neighborhood to pirate's lagoon, they shout, "We be pirates. TRICK ARRR TREAT!" But what's lurking in the shadows? Are the pirates brave enough to defend their treasure?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.