- Table View
- List View
Vehicle-obsessed boys and girls can ride along with Big Frank and the rest of the firefighting crew on one busy day as they race to the scene of an accident, teach schoolchildren about fire safety, and battle a raging brush fire. Detail-packed full-color illustrations will fascinate young readers.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Illustrated in full color. Ride along with Big Frank and the rest of the crew as they race to the scene of an accident, inspect the local KwikShop, demonstrate fire safety at Niceview Elementary School, and battle a raging brush fire! In between calls, hang out at the firehouse with Big Frank and the gang. It's all in a day's--and night's--work for our firefighting friends.
Hooked on Phonics. Detective Dog is looking for a lost kitten and finds a ghost!
No one seems to understand Amy. Her mother wants her to wear frilly pink dresses. Her teacher thinks she's got a bad attitude. And all the girls in her class are just too giggly and silly for her. Amy's just about decided that sixth grade's going to be a bust. Then she and her friend Anthony come up with the best idea ever to hit Southside Elementary! They're going to put together a yearbook that shows the whole school the way it really is. The yearbook is such a great idea, though, that soon everyone wants to help with it. And that's the one thing Amy did not have in mind. How can Amy keep the yearbook project to herself? Is it worth it to give the other kids a chance? If she doesn't, seventh grade could be pretty lonely. ...
While HOP Companion Books can be used independently, this series of books has been designed as a supplement to Level 1 of the Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read program. Find out what a pig likes to do.
The Quints are five adorable, identical little babies born to loving families everywhere. Join each special set of Quints in their "Adventures for 5" and see what happens when every little thing they do is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times the fun!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.