- Table View
- List View
Winner of the Honor Book award in the 2003 Society of School Librarians International Awards programSelected as a finalist for the Sheila A. Egoff Children's Literature PrizeSelected by the Pennsylvania School Librarians Association as one of the PSLA YA Top Forty Nonfiction Titles 2003Tapestry of Hope is an extraordinary anthology of writing about the Holocaust for young people. Irene N. Watts and Lillian Boraks-Nemetz have gathered well-known published writing and new first-person accounts, to reveal the heartbreak, courage, and hope that define one of history's darkest hours.The editors present writing about hiding from the Nazis, life in the ghetto, resistance, the camps, escape, survival, and life after the Holocaust. Selections include poetry, prose, and first-hand accounts such as Andre Stein's Hidden Children, Jack Kuper's Child of the Holocaust, Jason Shermon's A Blessing in Disguise, Kathy Kacer's Gaby's Dresser, Eva Wiseman's My Canary Yellow Star, Leonard Cohen's All There is to Know about Adolph Eichmann, Jean Little writing about Anne Frank, Karen Levine's Hannah's Suitcase, and many others.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.