- Table View
- List View
Be careful what you wish for. . . . When new stepsiblings Milly, Michael, Jason, and Jess move to a town in the middle of nowhere, the last thing they expect is to find a magic book. But then they stumble upon The Genie Handbook, and their lives are changed forever. Each chapter in The Genie Handbook contains one of six stages of training to be mastered, and the kids are thrilled to begin their schooling--especially since once they become genies, they can wish themselves back to London and their old lives. But then some of the wishes go wrong, and the magic starts to seem scarier. And when the kids discover a mysterious couple watching them covertly, they realize there's more to the handbook than they ever could have guessed. If the children's greatest wish of all is finally granted, will their world change for better or for worse? Maybe sometimes it takes something even more powerful than a genie to reveal your true heart's desire.
Lauren's pony, Twilight, turns into a beautiful unicorn when she says the magic words.
Lauren's pony Twilight changes into a unicorn when she whispers the magic words. The only catch is that Lauren has to keep it a secret or she could put Twilight in great danger.
She's no ordinary bird. . . . For stepsiblings Milly, Michael, Jason, and Jess, life has never been trickier. Milly's worried about her singing audition, Michael's losing his friends, Jason's never going to get picked for any sports teams, and as Jess's exams loom closer, she can't seem to remember anything. But then Fenella, the only living phoenix in the world, swoops into their lives looking for help-and their problems really begin! Fenella has laid a magical egg, but if she wants it to hatch she needs four very special ingredients, scattered throughout time to the far corners of the world. So the children embark on a hair-raising hunt across the world, through the past, present, and future. And with a crazed phoenix-worshipping cult on their tail, a grumpy gryphon to soothe, and time paradoxes to avoid, Milly, Michael, Jason, and Jess will need all their wits and bravery if they hope to succeed.
Do you know someone who has wished for a pony? Lauren Foster did just that. And when her family moves to the country, her dream finally comes true.
Twilight has a secret that he simply cannot share - not even with Lauren - because it would mean leaving her forever.
Lauren has a secret: when she whispers the magic words, her pony, Twilight, turns into a beautiful snow-white unicorn.
Lauren doesn't believe in ghosts, but there is definitely something spooky going on down by the creek. Then one night, as Lauren and Twilight fly over the woods near the scary tree house, they make a surprising discovery.
Lauren's pony, Twilight, turns into a beautiful unicorn when she says the magic words. Lauren and Twilight have been busy using their special magic to help all their friends, but suddenly Twilight gets sick.
It all started when Lauren first moved to the countryside from the city and discovered that her ordinary little pony was anything but ordinary, for when she recited a secret spell, Twilight turned into a unicorn with magical powers!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.