- Table View
- List View
Habari Gani? What's the news? It's Kwanzaa Time! Beat the drums, move your hips, and lift your voices in celebration of Kwanzaa, a holiday to honor the richness of African heritage. Come, children, and gather 'round as the Storyteller tells her tales--sometimes funny, sometimes poignant--all about the seven principles of Kwanzaa: Unity, Self-determination, Responsibility, Cooperation, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith. Then decorate your home, cook the foods, play the games, sew the clothes, sing the songs--all in remembrance of where we have been, in celebration of where we are, and in anticipation of where we will go. Linda and Clay Goss bring together the sights, sounds, smells, flavors, and feelings of Kwanzaa in this collection of stories, activities, and warm fellowship.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.