This book is intended to help students and novice clinicians, as well as more experienced clinicians, in the mental health professions of counseling, psychology, and social work to develop competence in the fundamental skills of their profession. With a solid grounding in such skills as effective use of questions, reflection of feelings, eliciting and modifying dysfunctional thoughts, and behavioral change strategies, clinicians can both acquire a sound understanding of their clients and develop strong helping skills.
The bestselling treatment guide, updated to reflect changes to the DSM-5 Selecting Effective Treatmentsprovides a comprehensive resource for clinicians seeking to understand the symptoms and dynamics of mental disorders, in order to provide a range of treatment options based on empirically effective approaches. This new fifth edition has been updated to align with the latest changes to the DSM-5, and covers the latest research to help you draw upon your own therapeutic preferences while constructing an evidence-based treatment plan. Organized for quick navigation, each disorder is detailed following the same format that covers a description, characteristics, assessment tools, effective treatment options, and prognosis, including the type of therapy that is likely to be most successful treating each specific disorder. Updated case studies, treatments, and references clarify the latest DSM-5 diagnostic criteria, and the concise, jargon-free style makes this resource valuable to practitioners, students, and lay people alike. Planning treatment can be the most complicated part of a clinician's job. Mental disorders can be complex, and keeping up with the latest findings and treatment options can itself be a full time job. Selecting Effective Treatments helps simplify and organize the treatment planning process by putting critical information and useful planning strategies at your fingertips Get up to speed on the latest changes to the DSM-5 Conduct evidence-based treatment suited to your therapeutic style Construct Client Maps to flesh out comprehensive treatment plans Utilize assessment methods that reflect the changes to the DSM-5 multiaxial system Effective treatment begins with strategic planning, and it's important to match the intervention to your own strengths, preferences, and style as much as to the client's needs. Selecting Effective Treatments gives you the latest information and crucial background you need to provide the evidence-backed interventions your clients deserve.
Selecting Effective Treatments: A Comprehensive, Systematic Guide to Treating Mental Disorders (4th Edition)by Linda Seligman Lourie W. Reichenberg
A systematic, research-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of the major mental disorders found in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DMS-IV-TR).
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills offers an innovative look at emerging and well-established counseling theories. Organizing theories into four broad themes (Background, Emotions, Thoughts, and Actions), authors underscore key similarities and differences in each approach. Moving beyond a traditional theories book, chapters include skill development sections that connect counseling theories with clinical practice. Fully revised, this edition brings a stronger multicultural focus, includes over 400 new research references, and offers new activities to sharpen clinical understanding.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.