- Table View
- List View
This book is intended to help students and novice clinicians, as well as more experienced clinicians, in the mental health professions of counseling, psychology, and social work to develop competence in the fundamental skills of their profession. With a solid grounding in such skills as effective use of questions, reflection of feelings, eliciting and modifying dysfunctional thoughts, and behavioral change strategies, clinicians can both acquire a sound understanding of their clients and develop strong helping skills.
Selecting Effective Treatments: A Comprehensive, Systematic Guide to Treating Mental Disorders (4th Edition)by Linda Seligman Lourie W. Reichenberg
A systematic, research-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of the major mental disorders found in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DMS-IV-TR).
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills offers an innovative look at emerging and well-established counseling theories. Organizing theories into four broad themes (Background, Emotions, Thoughts, and Actions), authors underscore key similarities and differences in each approach. Moving beyond a traditional theories book, chapters include skill development sections that connect counseling theories with clinical practice. Fully revised, this edition brings a stronger multicultural focus, includes over 400 new research references, and offers new activities to sharpen clinical understanding.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.